Building the Future at Drumalee GAA with Flood Precast Hollowcore Flooring
Flood Precast provided 200mm of Hollowcore flooring and precast stairs to Tully Developments who we’re the main contractors on the new clubhouse. Flood Precast Hollowcore Flooring units are machine cast concrete slabs, with tubular voids extending the full length of each slab, creating a lightweight building unit, saving money on materials and transport costs.
We provided 280 m2 of 200mm Hollowcore and 2no Precast Stairs. Our flooring and precast stairs are designed for quick installation, to significantly increase build efficiency, and to provide high levels of construction strength and quality.
Precast Concrete Hollowcore floors offer many advantages over alternative flooring methods like metaldeck, in-situ and timber. Prestressed Hollowcore floors are fast to erect and are a great choice of flooring system for the construction of:
- Office Blocks
- Car Parks
- Industrial Buildings
- Sports Clubs
BENEFITS of using Hollowcore Floor Slabs
- High load capacity and long spans making it structurally efficient.
- Provides high levels of inherent fire resistance.
- The hollow cores provide an excellent sound resistance.
- Can be designed to incorporate notches, splays, balconies etc.
- Quick installation ensures a reduction in building programme time and site costs.
- Eliminates the need for costly and time-consuming on-site concrete pours.
- Eliminates on-site formwork and steel fixing.
- Units can be grouted immediately after installation.
- Immediately stable floor platform suitable for working off.
- Manufactured offsite to rigorous quality standards.
- Progress on site is not weather dependent.
Project: Drumalee GAA ClubHouse
Contractor: Tully Developments
Engineer: PJ Mastery
Architect: Michael Fitzpatrick
Products: Hollowcore & Stairs
For more information on our range of concrete products contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to connect with Flood Precast on LinkedIn
Contact Damien for projects in Ireland. Email email@example.com
Latest posts by Damien Farrell (see all)
- Hollowcore precast flooring for social housing development. - April 11, 2019
- High Quality Exposed Soffit finish for Redevelopment. - January 24, 2019
- Innovative Product Design for the City Quay MSCP, Belfast - November 22, 2018