Precast Stair Cores manufactured for Carey’s at Newcastle University Project
Flood Precast worked in partnership with sub-contractor Careys Civil Engineering in providing Precast Stair Cores for this top university new addition of the Learning & Teaching Centre, Newcastle University.
Carey’s we’re extremely happy with our performance on this project. “All areas were well managed and delivered on”
Learning and Teaching Centre for Newcastle University based on Newcastle Science Central which is set to open in September 2019. This flagship development will seat 750 people in the auditorium and 200 more in a collaborative lecture theatre on the ground floor, plus a range of seminar rooms on upper floors.
Because concrete stairs provide a safe means of escape in the event of the fire and can be installed instantly, they are used in every development type where there is a requirement for access and egress.
- Quick to install
- High fire resistance.
- High-quality finish. Class B finish available upon request
- Minimal site labour
- Savings in construction time
- Can Accommodate Progressive Collapse Requirements
- Installation is not affected by adverse weather conditions
- Using Flood Precast standard steel moulds can produce cost-effective precast stairs.
- Fixings for handrails can be accommodated.
- Anti-slip strips can be accommodated.
Sir Robert McAlpine, a leading UK building and civil engineering company, was appointed by Newcastle Science Central LLP to create inspirational and sustainable learning and teaching environment that will enhance the student experience.
Project: Learning and Teaching Centre, Newcastle University
Main – Contractor: Sir Robert McAlpine
Client: Careys Civil Engineering
Architect: Sheppard Robson
Products: 30no Precast Stairs
Don’t forget to connect with Flood Precast on LinkedIn