Precast Concrete Columns provided for Viewing Platform
Flood Precast designed, manufactured and supplied precast concrete beams, columns and Super Wideslab® concrete flooring slabs for the new viewing platform at Portmarnock beach as part as redevelopment and refurbishment of the historical viewing area. Columns designed and manufactured for the project specifications and which incorporate concrete beams and the Super Wideslab® slabs as part of the walkway.
BENEFITS of using Flood Precast Concrete Columns
- Precast Column can be erected 5 times faster than an in situ columns.
- Ability to achieve high quality and a uniform finish.
- Unaffected by site weather conditions.
- Reduction in labour requirement on site.
- Eliminates the need for small concrete loads and evening pours which are a feature with in-situ columns.
- When using high strength concrete, a reduction in reinforcement steel can be achieved.
- The erection of Columns is a silent process which can take place at any time day or night. There are generally time restrictions on noisy site activities such as the pouring and vibrating of an in-situ column.
- There is a substantial Health & Safety dividend when using Precast Columns.
Project: Portmarnock Beach View Platform
Contractor: SB Civil Engineers Limited
Engineer: Kavanagh Mansfield
Products: Columns, Beams and Super Wideslab® flooring
Don’t forget to connect with Flood Precast on LinkedIn
Contact Ronan for projects in Ireland and the UK. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Ronan Leavy (see all)
- Precast Stairs & Terrace Seating provided DIT Grangegorman New Campus - October 25, 2019
- Precast concrete staircore for new four storey extension - October 10, 2019
- A-Rated achieved using at Dublin Residential Development – Flood Precast - August 15, 2019