Flood Precast Concrete Screedless Floors
Precast Concrete Screedless Floors are designed and manufactured as finished precast units that do not require a structural topping or finishing screed on site. The soffit can be painted directly and the top surface is ready to receive a tile, carpet or laminate wood floor finish.
Why use Concrete Screedless Floors?
- Screedless Concrete Floors are generally considered for use in hotel, student accommodation or custodial developments and are used in conjunction with precast or in-situ concrete cross walls.
- Speed of construction and reduction of site times play an increasing role in modern construction methods.
- The Screedless Floor may be used with a precast cross-wall solution or an in-situ cross-wall construction.
- The precast unit can be manufactured to include all associated services, conduits and connection boxes.
- Structural ties are achieved by casting in projecting loops which connect with the vertical concrete elements on site.
- Units are manufactured to suite room size up to a maximum of 3.8m wide.
- The screedless floor provides a jointless ceiling that can be painted directly.
- Elimination of wet trades on site.
- Dramatic reduction in programme time.
- Excellent sound characteristics.
- Provides significant thermal mass for natural ventilation.
- Fire and thermal resistant.