Flood Super Voidslab®
Flood Super Voidslab®, our trademark voided slab unit, is Flood Super Wideslab® with attached EPS void formers that allows the slab to span further and reduces the unit self weight. This product innovation evolved due to the requirement of our customers to achieve greater structural spans whilst reducing the overall building mass and maintaining the benefits of our Flood Super Wideslab®.
On steel frame project with a flat soffit requirement for flexibility of services, the overall slab thickness may be driven by the overall beam thickness which supports the floor planks by the bottom flange.
Additional projecting lattice girder is cast into the precast plank, during production, between the polystyrene void formers to anchor the plank to the structural screed and cater for the interface sheer requirements.
See How It Works
Watch this video to see how easy it is to install Flood Super Voidslab®
Benefits of using Flood Super Voidslab®
- Longer spans – reducing dead-weight
- Faster installation – twice as fast as Hollowcore to install.
- High quality soffit finish – can be left exposed or painted.
- Spans in two directions – ideal solution for dealing with disproportionate collapse or progressive collapse design.
- Thermal mass and natural ventilation – exposed solid Flood Super Voidslab® is an excellent heat sink which is critical for natural ventilation.
- Reduction in building height – shallowest structural floor zone available in the market.
- Can be used to construct a flat slab with no down stand beams – projecting steel links cast into the unit accommodates shear without the requirement for bearing.
- Openings can be easily accommodated – eliminates the requirement for trimmer beams.
- Better sound insulation (50% better) – Flood Super Voidslab® is 50% better sound insulated than Hollowcore.
- Awkward shapes are easily accommodated – wet cast production allows for the forming of most shades.
- Solid slab with no cores – unlike Hollowcore, Flood Super Voidslab® is solid with no cores so its an ideal solution for car parks with no fear of dripping from cores.
- Heavy loads – the prestressed solid nature of the slab allows load to be redistributed and is an ideal solution for suspended service yards.
- Immediate working platform for other trades.
- Reduced beam depth (up to 25%) – Flood Super Voidslab® can be designed to work compositely with steel and in-situ concrete beams, reducing the beam depth by to 25%.
- Less soffit joints – the 2.4m wide units results in 50% reduction in soffit joints when compared to Hollowcore.
- Cast in Lifting system – fully anchored cast-in lifters are designed so that the units can be lifted from the trailer into final position without the need for cradles, chains or bearing into position.
- Excellent vibration characteristics