Omnia Flooring Slab at The Heineken Brewery
This was a very tricky project owing to the awkward shape of the precast omnia flooring units. The Main Structure consists of a steel frame and its function is to house 10No. 4m Dia. Cylindrical containment vessels.
It is the presence of these Cylinders rising up through the structure which determined the curved shape of the adjoining precast units.
One the benefits to Omnia Flooring is its design flexibility which meant it was the best solution to this intricate design.
- Irregular and complex shapes manufactured to suit contract requirements
- Service holes and cut-outs accurately formed during manufacture
- Smooth flat soffit can take direct decoration and top surface can be power-floated reducing depth of overall floor zone
- Exposed soffit can be used to provide thermal-mass
- Single or two-way spanning design possible
From the outset NORDER Structural and Civil Engineering Consultants opted to specify Omnia Slab Flooring with Lattice Girder as the best solution which allowed for the accommodation of the awkward shapes and which keeps the structural floor depth to 150mm.
On this project we provided a design, manufacture, deliver and install service and key to the successful execution was the preplanning and sequencing of deliveries with Mr Chris Collard, Project Manager for Caddick.
- Contractor – Caddick Construction Ltd
- Engineer NORDER
Check out the video –
Contact John for projects in the UK. Email firstname.lastname@example.org