Flood Precast provided Precast Columns and Stairs at exciting slip formed construction apartments
Flood Precast provided precast columns and stairs for a 15 storey concrete frame in Birmingham city centre for 184 student apartments, with a slip formed core.
This project was extremely tight due to the site constraints, programme durations and the contractor’s requirement for an overall cost saving on this project.
The main contractor provided their client with a value engineering slip form core construction solution. This saved over 8 weeks on the initial frame programme. To assist with the frame construction and reduce the need for working at height, Flood Precast provided the precast concrete columns and stairs.
BENEFITS of using Flood Precast Concrete Columns
- A Precast Column can be erected 5 times faster than an in situ column.
- Ability to achieve a high quality and uniform finish.
- Unaffected by site weather conditions.
- Reduction in labour requirement on site.
- Eliminates the need for small concrete loads and evening pours which are a feature with in-situ columns.
- When using high strength concrete, a reduction in reinforcement steel can be achieved.
- The installation of Precast Concrete Columns is a silent process which can take place at any time day or night. There are generally time restrictions on noisy site activities such as the pouring and vibrating of in-situ columns.
Project: The Emporium – Student Accommodation
Client: Shaylor Group
Duration: Programmed 46 weeks – Completed in 32 weeks
Contractor: Clark Mulherin
Products: Precast Stairs & Precast Columns
Don’t forget to connect with Flood Precast on LinkedIn
Latest posts by David Chatfield (see all)
- Concrete Staircores provided for extension to University of Liverpool - March 21, 2019
- Design, manufacture, and delivery of precast concrete stairs for St Bart’s Square Phase 3 - February 21, 2019
- Exposed concrete Soffit Finish Flooring Slabs required for 900-place secondary school. - February 7, 2019