New A&E department using Flood Precast Concrete Products.
Flood Precast worked in conjunction with sub-contractor Harrington’s Builders in providing this project with the following flood precast concrete products.
- 3000sqm of Precast Hollowcore flooring
- 24no Precast Stairs.
This project has been described as “ground-breaking”. This development cost £49 million and is set to revamp and expand Wexham Park Hospital’s Accident and Emergency (A&E) department. Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust chief executive Sir Andrew Morris said: “We have been planning this since 2014 so I’m really excited to be starting building work on something that will be a huge asset to the health of local people for decades to come.”
Benefits of using Precast Concrete Floors
- High load capacity and efficient design make long spans achievable
- Reduces the need for load-bearing walls
- Allows for greater flexibility in design
- Less formwork and scaffolding
- Immediate safe working platform after installation
- Reduced construction programme
- Site progress not subject to weather
Benefits of Using Flood Precast Concrete Stairs
- Quick to install
- High fire resistance.
- High-quality finish. Class B finish available upon request.
- Minimal site labour
- Savings in construction time.
Project: Development at Wexham Park Hospital, Slough.
Sub-Contractor: Harringtons Builders Plc
For more information on our range of concrete products contact our team at email@example.com
Don’t forget to connect with Flood Precast on LinkedIn