The water resilient properties of Flood Super Wideslab® flooring is perfect for Leisure Centre.
One of the many benefits of Flood Super Wideslab® is that it has inherently water resilient properties. Flood Precast provided 75mm Super Wideslab® for the Dover District Leisure Centre.
The specification for a solid Flood Super Wideslab® is driven by the fact it is a leisure centre and the building is classed as a high exposure class due to the chlorides from the pool in the water and air. As steel is prone to corrosion using Flood Super Wideslab® plate the reinforcement steel is completely surrounded by a minimum of 40mm of concrete to keep it protected in this corrosive atmosphere. This is something metal decking and hollowcore can’t do so well.
Other technical advantages include:
- Awkward shapes are easily accommodated – wet cast production allows for the forming of most shapes.
- Can be used to construct a flat slab with no down stand beams – projecting steel links cast into the unit accommodates shear without the requirement for bearing.
- Spans in two directions – the ideal solution for dealing with disproportionate collapse or progressive collapse design.
- Heavy loads – the prestressed solid nature of the slab allows the load to be redistributed and is an ideal solution for suspended service yards.
- Reduction in building height – shallowest structural floor zone available in the market.
- Openings can be easily accommodated – eliminates the requirement for trimmer beams.
- Better Sound Insulation – Flood Wideslab is 50% better sound insulated than Hollowcore.
- Reduced beam depth – Flood Wideslab can be designed to work compositely with steel and in-situ concrete beams, reducing the beam depth by to 25%.
Project: Dover District Leisure Centre, Dover
Main Contractor: BAM
Client: B&K Structures Ltd (Frame Contractor)
Architects: GT+3 Architects
Products: Flood Super Wideslab®
Don’t forget to connect with Flood Precast on LinkedIn
Contact Martin for projects in the UK. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Martin Darby (see all)
- Precast Frame for Santry Avenue Apartments - September 4, 2020
- Solid Super Wideslab to the impressive London City Island Project - July 2, 2020
- Flood Super Wideslab® precast concrete flooring slabs are the rapid solution - October 31, 2019