Precast Hollowcore provides energy efficiency to Dublin Apartment complex.
Flood Precast provide Hollowcore flooring and Precast Stairs to phase III of the hermitage project in Balgriffin, Dublin. These apartments have been designed to an exceptional energy efficiency with an A2 BER rating.
Precast concrete products such as Hollowcore flooring provides energy efficiency by using its exceptionally thermal mass properties. Thermal mass has two effects in buildings:
- Thermal mass moderates internal temperatures.
- Thermal mass delays peak temperatures.
Precast concrete hollowcore flooring and precast stairs in effect hold daytime temperatures which will peak lower and temperatures will not drop as much over the course of the night. Thus behaving like a thermal storage heater, storing this energy during the daytime and release it back during the night-time
The following amounts of precast concrete products provided to this development included:
- 17000m2 of 200mm Hollowcore
- 4000m2 of 250mm Hollowcore
- 320no Precast Stairs
Project: Balgriffin Phase III
Contractor: Shannon Homes
Architects: McCrossan, O’Rourke, Manning
Don’t forget to connect with Flood Precast on LinkedIn
Contact Ronan for projects in Ireland and the UK. Email email@example.com
Latest posts by Ronan Leavy (see all)
- Flood Precast provides precast concrete stairs for Ireland’s largest off-campus student accommodation - October 18, 2018
- Precast concrete Solutions for your home – Benefits for the Homeowner and the builder - October 11, 2018
- Precast Concrete Stair cores provided for world-class Institute of Regeneration and Repair, Edinburgh. - October 4, 2018