Precast concrete floor slabs and Stairs provided for School Extension UK
At Flood Precast we’re delighted to start our working relationship with Brymor as a subcontractor on the new extension to Kings’ School in Winchester. On this project, we provided Precast concrete floor slabs and precast stairs. This extension comprises of 4 new classrooms in the business and computing block. At the moment the extension remains on schedule for completion by the end of the year.
Solid prestressed composite floors consist of a solid prestressed slab acting as fully participating formwork, which may be propped or un-propped depending on design requirements and which acts compositely with an in-situ topping to form an efficient structural section.
Advantages of using Precast Concrete Floor Slabs:
- Faster Installation
- High-quality soffit finish
- A range of technical advantages
Flood Super Wideslab® is a fast, versatile and economical flooring solution there are many suitable construction applications.
Benefits of using Precast Concrete Floor Slabs for this project:
- High-Quality Soffit Finish
- Thermal Mass
- Can accommodate awkward shapes
- Shallow Floors
- Composite action with steel frame
- Structural screed ties-in structure
- Can accommodate large openings without trimmer beams.
- Strong BREEAM Rating
Project: Kings’ School Winchester
Contractor: Brymor Special Works Limited
Products: 500mq2 Wideslab and 6no precast Stairs
Don’t forget to connect with Flood Precast on LinkedIn
Latest posts by David Chatfield (see all)
- Exposed concrete Soffit Finish Flooring Slabs required for 900-place secondary school. - February 7, 2019
- Precast pre-stressed solid floor slabs provide for school’s extension. - January 31, 2019
- Concrete Stairs Design and Manufactured for the Victoria Square Development London - December 13, 2018